What Makes Us Different
We are a growing primary school that has two classes per year group in Early Years and Key Stage 1 and one class per year group in KS2, this will continue to grow year on year. We became part of Windsor Academy Trust (WAT) in 2013. Since then we have never looked back. We have a sister primary school, Goldsmith Primary Academy which is very local to us and five other schools based in Halesowen. Our Trust is very unique in its organisation. They are very supportive in providing opportunities to enhance the children’s learning experiences.
Why else are we special!
At Rivers Primary Academy we value every child as an individual and believe it is important for all children to reach their full potential in a happy, supportive and exciting environment.
We seek to develop independent learners who are equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to cope with an ever-changing world.
We are committed to working in partnership with parents, teachers and the wider community to achieve the very best for our children.
We seek excellence and enjoyment in all we do.
How do we do this?
Our children are our greatest gifts. Their behaviour, their attitudes to learning, their kindness and consideration and manners are exemplary. They are confident and caring, independent and inclusive, successful and sensitive and above all, happy!
Wherever we go and whoever visits our school, there is always one message that comes back to Rivers, “your children are exceptional”.
Our staff are hardworking and dedicated professionals. Their relationship with the children in their care is one of understanding, respect and encouragement. We believe in fostering confidence and independence so that the children who leave us are well-rounded, successful and articulate individuals with a keen desire to learn.
- We have an exciting, engaging and sometimes challenging curriculum;
- Each class has a blog that is updated regularly so parents can see what their child has been learning;
- We offer free breakfast club to all our children. It consists of the usual toast and cereal, to scrambled eggs and bacon sandwiches!
- We run Saturday school that is open to all our children. We run this termly.
- We offer free full time nursery places;
- We offer after school clubs every night until 4pm except on Fridays.
- We employ our own Speech and Language Therapist to support out children.
- We also employ out own Family Liaison Officer.
- We have our own nurture group onsite to support those children who find the transition from home to school difficult. This is run in our ‘Little Streams’ house.
- We are a lead school for computing.
Come and visit our school for yourself to see why you think we are special.